Need A Divorce Attorney?
Call First Legal’s Divorce HelpLine Now
(888) LAW-0102, that's (888) 529-0102
Getting divorced can be an emotional process for both people involved. Yet, it is possible to do it in a way that is as quick and painless as possible.
Of course you need to secure your finances for both you and your kids' future. Having the right family law office on your side is critical. Choosing the right divorce attorney could be your most important choice for getting divorced without suffering.
How do you choose the right divorce attorney?
Remember, the first step is to call First Legal. We will match you with an experienced Divorce attorney in your local area. Call our Divorce Hotline now at (888) LAW-0102, that's (888) 529-0102. You will be asked to confirm that you're calling about a divorce, and to enter your zip code so we can connect you to your local divorce attorney's office immediately.
Pro Tips for People Getting Divorced:
- Make sure to remember: Your divorce lawyer isn't a therapist. He or she isn't the right individual to consult about passionate or mental issues. They are just there to help you with the legal aspects of the case. When you're speaking to your divorce attorney, try to keep you emotions in check and stick to the facts.
- You should first speak with your divorce attorney ALONE, not in the company of your spouse. Later, if your lawyer tells you to bring in your spouse of course you may, but on the first visit it's highly recommended to go alone.
- Be wary of any legal advisor guaranteeing they can represent both sides in a divorce. While this may save a little bit of money upfront, it is much more important to have your interests represented exclusively by your attorney!
- Picking the right family law office can enable you to hold onto your financial security. Alternatively, picking the wrong one can cost you resources that should have been yours.
- A bad legal counselor could cause problems with your parental rights. Therefore, you need an educated attorney, who knows Divorce Law well and will fight tooth and nail for you and your kids.
- Although all lawyers are busy, they should take the time to walk you through the whole procedure with great regard to your needs at this hard time.
- Frequently, defendants will change attorneys numerous times before the case is closed. They do this because they didn't find the right divorce attorney the first time. Don't be that person! Call First Legal's Divorce Hotline now at (888) LAW-0102, that's (888) 529-0102 and we'll connect you instantly with an experienced divorce attorney who's local to you.
The Bottom Line:
Divorce, when you boil it down, is essentially just two individuals gaining an understanding about ending their marriage and how to settle their affairs.
There can be areas of contention that must be settled: Child Custody, Financial Support, and division of assets. These all require an accomplished family attorney to deal with, so you don't have problems or regrets later.
Money, keeping money, accounts, and other assets is important to everyone. Here's a list of some top financial things to remember to discuss with your divorce lawyer:
1) Cash: All cash or accounts that could currently be considered ‘joint funds’.
2) Retirement Accounts: IRAs, annuities, pre-decided retirement designs, 401k accounts, and anything else associated with retirement.
3) Property: All material possessions, including homes, cars, other vehicles, furniture, collectibles, and all other physical possessions should be brought to the attention of your lawyer.
4) Insurance: Any policies, for example life coverage or annuities, should be addressed with your legal advisor.
5) Debts: Nobody wants to assume the liabilities of their partner, especially after a divorce! Therefore, it's essential to disclose and address all debts with your attorney before the divorce.
6) Spousal and Child Support: Frequently, spousal and or child support is granted by the court in a divorce case. The length of the marriage and your individual financial situation will determine how much is paid for spousal and/or child support. A knowledgeable family law office will guide you to getting the support you need and are legally entitled to.
Individual Attorney Or Law Office?
Any great Family Law Office has multiple staff members including other attorneys, paralegals, and administrative staff. The more complicated your case is, the more help will be required. Having the correct individuals supporting your lawyer will enable your legal advisor to be more engaged and will also save you money! This is because admin hours are usually billed at a substantially lower rate than lawyer's hourly rates.
Divorce can be an extremely upsetting and difficult process, but it doesn't have to be. With a divorce attorney who’s experienced, caring, and prepared to fight for you and your interests, the process can be quick and painless. With a proper divorce lawyer in your corner you can rest easy and focus on moving on.
Don't make the mistake of going with any old general lawyer!
Call First Legal’s Divorce Hotline Now at (888) LAW-0102, that's (888) 529-0102.
We’ll connect you immediately to a local divorce attorney.
There’s no charge for the call or for using First Legal’s service.